This month we’re celebrating our birthday – it’s been 3 years since we opened our doors on St. Martin’s Lane, Covent Garden and we’ve loved every minute!
There are days when we feel like a tourist information centre! So many people put their head in and ask us for directions. We definitely know the area and have seen lots of changes over the last 3 years. St Martin’s Lane, covent garden has transformed itself from a retail high street to a food and entertainment hub. To help you go straight to the best, here’s our Top Ten Favourites to do in london and around the lane:
- W Hotel lounge bar, 10 Wardour Street, Leicester Square wlondon.co.uk/w-hotel-bar
Great ambience, warm welcome, and fab music (VIP managers Nicola and Jess are amazing – introduce yourselves if you meet them as they always welcome Sergio Giannasso clients). Cocktail’s are second to none (they cured my cold once). And the location….well it’s near us so it must be great!
- Away Spa, W Hotel, 10 Wardour Street, Leicester Square wlondon.co.uk/forms/away-spa
Again great location, smoothly run under manager Michelle Kelleher, fab gym space for a work out in with fitness guru Chiraz Hasnoui (www.chirazfitness.com), spray tans to fake a good summer by James Harknett (www.jamesharknett.com) and a very chic relaxation area -my favourite zone. Make sure you quote Sergio’s name when you book for some VIP rates.
- Cantina Laredo, 10 Upper St Martin’s Lane cantinalaredo.co.uk Family run Mexican restaurant. Very welcoming. Tasty Tacos on a Tuesday night for only £3.95 (yummy!) and even better is Margarita Magic on Wednesday evenings – half price Margaritas – my favourite is Pomegranate (full of antioxidants). Best guacamole in London prepared right in front of you at your table.
- Sartori, 17 Great Newport Street and Spaccanapoli, Central St Giles.
Be immediately transported to Italy at both these wonderful restaurants. We’ve loved these since the day they opened. We say ‘the best Italian food in the heart of London’. Great prices and our favourite of all… the antipasti misti and the tagliata. Ask for Francesco at Sartori and Angelo at Spaccanapoli. Mention Sergio and let them look after you.
- Champagne + Fromage, 22 Wellington Street frenchbubbles.co.uk Maude and her husband Stefano run this incredible French gourmet heaven in Aldwych. It’s a dream. Picture a romantic hide away with gourmet rustic food set against a sophisticated, genteel backdrop. You’ll pinch yourself you found it.
- Pepe’s, next door to our salon, St Martin’s Lane.
We love this place, not just because it’s so close but because it serves a fantastic slice of pizza, amazing piadina and generous servings of pasta. The food is always fresh, the space is clean, smart, modern.
- St Martin’s Lane Hotel, next door to us, St Martin’s Lane.
A landmark hotel, restaurant (Asia de Cuba), bar and club (Bungalow8) that gives our street the X Factor and keeps the paparazzi busy. We’re just so à la mode.
- Jo Malone, King Street, Covent Garden jomalone.co.uk What’s there to say? Sumptuous Florentine appeal, beautiful fittings, wonderful products for the home… total feel of luxury. If you pop in on a weekend ask for Nicola –the epitomy of Napolitano charm, he’ll take you on the true Jo Malone journey.
- Mac, Neal Street, Covent Garden maccosmetics.com
One of our favourite make-up lines just around the corner. They keep us up to date with the latest shades for our clients – many a Mac product is used for our makeovers and Special Night Out service. Book a makeover or a one-on-one make-up lesson today – we’ll show you how to make Mac really work for you.
- Notes, St Martin’s Lane notesmusiccoffee.com The unique combo of classical music with gourmet coffee and vintage wines is unmistakable. Set in one of the oldest surviving buildings in St Martin’s Lane, covent garden, dating back to when it was a gentle cut through to open fields, this is a real oasis for some time out of your hectic schedule. It’s become one of London’s best known coffee hubs as well as impromptu venue for breakfast meetings – what a great way to start the day!
Tell us your favourite places in and around Leicester Square and Covent Garden