It’s OFFICIAL! Here’s What You Can Expect When We Re-Open July 4th
Giannasso Hair & Beauty Salon in Covent Garden Set To Re-Open July 4th
It’s OFFICIAL! We’re thrilled to announce that we’re re-opening our salon doors on Saturday 4th July after months of anticipation. Unfortunately, there won’t be hugs and kisses at least for this first phase of opening – but we will guarantee you all the love and fun we can in your visit.
You will probably laugh the minute you see us with face shield, and, whilst it’s not very fashion, perhaps you can consider us the doctor for your hair and your mood!
Here, we’ve gathered some FAQs in regards to the ‘new normal’ at our hair & beauty salon in Covent Garden.
What Hygiene Measures Will Be In Place?
The salon will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before & after opening. We are providing PPE for the entire team. We are providing PPE for clients in accordance with government guidelines. We have non-touch hand sanitiser stand at the entry of the salon outside and in all stations. We will be disinfecting our tools before and after each client.
Here’s a summary of what to expect on your next visit…
– All staff will be wearing PPE advised by the government.
– We ask that you wear a mask to the salon but we can provide you with one if necessary.
– For the time being, we will be using disposable gowns and towels for your protection.
– There will be a £4 PPE surcharge added to every bill.
– There will be a hands-free sanitiser station at the entry of the salon as well as sanitiser available throughout the salon and at each station.
– We will be open 7 days a week to limit the amount of staff in the salon at one time, to keep a safe distance and accommodate all appointment requests.
– The salon will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before & after opening.
– We have added extra time to all appointments to ensure we have enough time to disinfect the stations and our tools between each client.
– We will not be using our waiting area at the moment and will ask you to arrive for your appointment on time & wait outside until greeted by your stylist.
– There will be no magazines available but unless advised otherwise we still be serving drinks in disposable cups.
– Please check the website price page for our annual price increase.
– We will ONLY be accepting card payments.
– We kindly ask that you visit the salon alone as we will only be seeing one client per time.
– We will not be accepting walk-in appointments.
– Please call to reschedule your appointment if you or anyone you live with develops COVID-19 symptoms.
Will You Also Be Re-Opening Your Beauty Services on July 4th?
At the moment the government is still deciding on when beauty services can resume so until advised otherwise makeup services will not be available along with beauty services by our fabulous beautician Bijal. We hope to be able to offer these again very soon!
How Will Social Distancing Be Practiced?
We are extending appointment times so we can guarantee that the area used is disinfected before attending the next client. We will be working 7 days a week so we can accommodate our client’s demands, creating shifts between the team so that we can tend to fewer people at a time. Lastly, there will be no walk-ins accepted.
Can I Book An Appointment? What Happens If I Already Had An Appointment Booked Before Lockdown?
All clients that have an existing booking that was made before lockdown will be contacted first.
Will There Still Be Refreshments & Magazines Available?
Whilst no magazines will be circulated in the salon, we will still be offering a selection of refreshing drinks will be served in disposable cups.
How Will I Make My Payment?
Payments will be taken at the station from the stylist.